My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Thursday, June 01, 2006

There's nothing like the lack of anticipation

Well, I know you all haven't been impatiently anticipating this FO, because you didn't know about it! This was a spur of the moment decision to make, and I haven't felt the need to blog about a GIANT dish cloth. I didn't really think that it was all that interesting, but I must say that I LOVE IT!

Specs:
Pattern: Basic diagonal dish cloth baby blanket
Yarn: Lion Brand Homespun in Colonial
Birthday yarn from DH :D
Needles: Size 10 Straight Bamboo Needles
Date Started: 5-27-06
Date Completed: 6-1-06

I didn't own any size 10 circular needles, so I made it on straight needles, but that led to hand cramps. I could only knit for so long on this bulky yarn in big needles before my hands got tired. I think that it was because I somehow managed to cram 100 stitches on them. The pattern called for 120 something, but there was no way I was going to get any more on there. I love, love, LOVE the color of this yarn and the finished baby blanket. It is so nubbly and wonderful with the natural nubbyness of the yarn combined with the garter stitch, it's just divine. Did you see the 4 different blues in there, and the little gold flecks?! Isn't it beautiful?! Homespun is very soft and makes a beautiful baby blanket, but I must say it is much more annoying to knit with than to crochet with. Needles split it while crochet hooks do not. Oh well. Beautiful baby blanket complete! Now onto another UFO project... maybe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home