My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Friday, March 13, 2009

Super simple Chicken Nuggets

I've decided that I want to share with you all in blog land some of my favorite recipes. These are all either things that were standard fare when I was growing up, or ones that I make a lot for my family.

Today's selection is Super Simple Chicken Nuggets.

I don't know if this really counts as a recipe since it is so simple, but it is quick and we make it about once a week. In fact, I made it today for lunch per the kid's request.

Ingredients:
2 Chicken Breasts
1 egg
1/2 cup flour
1 tbs Grill seasoning (I like McCormick's Broiled Steak Seasoning)
4 Cups Cooking Oil

Poor oil into a large, deep skillet or pot. It should be deep enough to completely cover your nuggets for frying. Heat on high while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.

Mix flour and grill seasoning in 1 bowl. Beat egg in a second bowl and set aside. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Dredge in egg until completely covered, then in flour mixture. Shake off excess flour and gently drop in hot oil. Fry until chickens are light golden brown. (I do my chickens in 2 batches so that I don't over crowd the pan).

Drain and enjoy!

Makes about 5 servings depending on the size of your chicken breasts.

The deep frying probably isn't the healthiest, but it makes the chickens crispy and tasty. The whole process takes about 15-20 minutes, which is about the same amount of time to oven cook frozen chicken nuggets, but these are preservative free and much cheaper. :D

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

Do you think that would work with rice / potatoe flour ?? I'm weening skye from "gluten" and chicken nuggets is one of her favorite things!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Druciana said...

That sounds yummy!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

It wouldn't hurt to try other types of flour. I may try it some time too. My mom is going gluten free.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home