My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Monday, February 23, 2009

Clean, must clean!

Today begins a major cleaning and organizing spree of my master bedroom. Last night I was attacked by a flying mouse. There is nothing like waking up at 2am to the shocking realization that some flying rodent has jumped onto the bed. I am totally creeped out and MUST CLEAN now!

I have no idea why this mouse has taken up residence in my room. There is no food in my room, and we aren't anywhere near as bad as most of the rooms that you see in Clean Sweep. Sure there's the pile of fiber against the wall, but that's normal right? I have heard him rummaging around for a few days now and the flying onto the bed was just the last nail in the coffin. He is being evicted. Every inch of the room will be vacuumed and cleaned. The bed will be moved, the furniture rearranged. That pile of bags of fiber will be neatly organized in my new cube system. (Being purchased by DH today).

We live in the country. We have had an ongoing mouse problem since we inadvertently brought one in with a big bag of rabbit food. We got a cat to help deal with the problem, but he proved a larger problem since he refused to poop in his cat box and pooped all over my house. He didn't last long. We have had various types of mouse traps around, but the mice have never completely gone away. When the rabbit died a few weeks ago, we bought those sonic mouse things that you plug in and are supposed to deter the mice from coming in. We set them up all over the kitchen. Unfortunately, it seems to have driven at least one mouse to my bedroom. The really horrible thing is that even with the massive cleaning, this mouse may still have found a good place to hide where I won't find him.

It may be time for professional help. Anyone know a good exterminator?

2 Comments:

Blogger Druciana said...

I can totally feel you pain. If I find one more half-eaten mouse in my hall I think I will scream. I don't know about at your house, but they seem to be worse this year.

11:02 AM  
Blogger J A Hynek said...

I live in the country too and the little buggers come in to live with us every winter. It's a battle.

Try baiting your mouse traps with peanut butter. It works much better than cheese. Also, use a match or lighter to melt the peanut butter onto the trap so that the mouse has to really tug to get it off. This way the little buggers are more likely to set the trap off.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home