My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Dangerous Yarn enabeling


I recieved a skein of STR (Socks that Rock) as a gift today. I have heard wonderful things about this yarn and am excited to try it out! This is STR in "Lagoon" isn't it pretty? Just enough for a pair of socks. Hmm, to knit them in a normal simple pattern, or to find a pretty pattern... maybe Denmark from Knittng on the Road?

4 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

Oh I am going to use STR for a pair of socks for the Knitting Olympics, it will be my first time to use it too - it is beautiful yarn!!!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Margit Sage said...

I saw your post about expensive sock yarn on the Townsend Sock group. If you don't know about knit picks already, www.knitpicks.com, you should check out their sock yarn. They have a large variety at very good prices (wool, superwash, and merino, solids, self-striping, and other patterns). Happy sock knitting! (I haven't taken the plunge yet to buy STR, but maybe I'll splurge sometime soon...)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I haven't yet ordered from Knitpicks. I'm still looking at the yarn and dreaming of a project for it. The STR was a VERY generous gift and I am excited to have it. I don't know if I'm ready to actually buy some for myself though yet....lol

7:59 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Glad to have found your blog! Welcome to Team Colorado for the knitting Olympics.

I'm currently knitting with STR and loving it. I have Cobalt Bloom. Great yarn... reminds me of Lorna's Laces sock yarn.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home