My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Knitting Progress

That teddy bear that I was working on has been stuffed, but not quite assembled. I realized that the body had 2 distinct shapes, and the darn book didn't tell me which way it should face. My very intelligent husband suggested that I wait to put it together and make some of the clothes first to see how it would fit best. So, here's the bear still sitting in pieces. The jacket pieces are complete but need to be blocked before I can sew them together. Hopefully I'll get that done today. The bear is supposed to be a birthday present for a little 2 yr old boy I know, and his party is Saturday!Please notice the unreadable ruler on the side. That ruler is 18 inches long... THAT'S 1 BIG BEAR!

On another note, I did finish the first of a new pair of socks today. It fits beautifully. I had been having a hankering to knit socks and bought some nice washable wool yarn off of ebay. The yarn is Burgundy, forest green, and a deep golden yellow. It looks mostly reddish brown when knitted up and all the colors combine. I'm using the "Conwy" pattern from "Knitting on the Road" by Nancy Bush. The 1 sock feels so nice on my foot that I'm dying to cast on for the second one, but have decided that I can't do that until I finish the above mentioned bear. Look forward to 2 new FO's probably by the end of the week....lolHere is a close-up of the stitch pattern. It is a very easy "mock cable" crossover pattern.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keko said...

Drake's gonna love it!

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home