My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Michaela

Remember all that wonderful yarn I got at the Salvation Army? Remember how it was all in the form of sweaters? Well, I have officially started a project using some of that yarn. My first project is Michaela by Beroco. I am using that beautiful off white silk/rayon yarn. It took about 48 hours to dry before I could wind it all up, and when I did wind it, I estimated that I only have about 470 yrds! Yikes! The pattern calls for closer to 1200 yrds. Well, I will not be deterred!

Instead of 7 pattern repeats, I'm using only 4. My gauge is also bigger. I know it will probably still be shorter than the pattern, but I'm ok with that.

I have made a few mistakes, but they're not really noticeable. I have been working on it for a week now and have almost used half my yarn. I thought I'd knit more while I was in the hospital, but I really lacked motivation. Holding the baby was more important than knitting...lol

1 Comments:

Blogger Mitz said...

Hi, I was just looking at that lace pattern yesterday night in Barbara Walkers pattern book. I thought it might be a nice pattern for the front panel of a sock.
Congratulations to your new little baby. All your children are so cute.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home