Remember all that wonderful yarn I got at the Salvation Army? Remember how it was all in the form of sweaters? Well, I have officially started a project using some of that yarn. My first project is Michaela
by Beroco. I am using that beautiful off white silk/rayon yarn. It took about 48 hours to dry before I could wind it all up, and when I did wind it, I estimated that I only have about 470 yrds! Yikes! The pattern calls for closer to 1200 yrds. Well, I will not be deterred!
Instead of 7 pattern repeats, I'm using only 4. My gauge is also bigger. I know it will probably still be shorter than the pattern, but I'm ok with that.
I have made a few mistakes, but they're not really noticeable. I have been working on it for a week now and have almost used half my yarn. I thought I'd knit more while I was in the hospital, but I really lacked motivation. Holding the baby was more important than knitting...lol