My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Summer has begun


Wow, has it really been a week since I posted last? I'm sorry. I've actually been venturing out of our little dark cave into the bright sunshine. Well, that and I've been busily recycling some fantastic yarn for Ebay. Check it out. I'm putting up some absolutely scrumptious 50/50 cashmere/silk today!

Summer has officially begun! We broke out the wading pool and the swiming suits to battle the 90 degree weather here in Denver.


























The kids played in the sprinklers for the first time ever, well, actually they ran AROUND the sprinklers. Apparently they can handle showers, but the soft sprinklers getting their faces wet was too much for them. This is the first year that we haven't had watering restrictions here and I was excited to let my kids play in the back yard the same way I did as a kid. In fact it was in this same back yard, probably with this same sprinkler. Ahh nestalgia.












Brendan is a little small for wading pools and sprinklers, but he had a great time playing in the play pen set up in the wonderful shade provided by the GIGANTIC maple tree in my grandparent's back yard. He's just now able to control his arms and hands enough to make them go where he wants to grab a toy. You can see the absolute concentration on his face as he grabs for them. I sat happily on the swing, under the same wonderful tree watching the kids and knitting. What a wonderful life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home