My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Friday, April 07, 2006

Mother's Day Scarf

As promised, here are pictures of the Mother's Day Scarf~ Branching Out!

This is my very first completed lace project. I have started several, but this is the first one I have completed. It is a very easy pattern, and very quick. I have plans to make 4 of these, and one of them will be traveling to my MIL in Idaho. This first specimen is done in recycled silk/angora yarn that looked a bit bedraggled as I knit with it. I didn't dekink it before I knit, so I wanted to block it and see how it turned out before I decided if I wanted to make another one in this yarn. It is incredibly light and floaty. Just a little something to make you feel feminine and beautiful :D
Here it is straight off the needles, and before blocking

Here it is after a quick bath with baby shampoo and all pinned out to block on my bed. I had to pin it diagonally because it's too long to go vertically...lol I also used a method I read about online. I don't have blocking wires (though I'd like to get some) so I pulled some crochet cotton through it all along the edges and pinned the cotton. I then pulled it as tight as I could. This lets me use fewer pins and hopefully will keep the edges nice and straight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home