My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I pulled out the sewing machine

I pulled out the sewing machine a few days ago. How ironic that it was to make something to hold all those crochet hooks. After all, I knit and crochet so that I don't have to pull out the sewing machine!

I have a dozen or so pretty green cloth napkins lying around the house collecting dust. They were part of the center pieces at my wedding and I haven't really done anything with them. It already has a prefinished edge which means less sewing for me.

I folded it in half, then folded the bottom half over again. This forms the bottom pocket and makes it double thick. I then sewed 20 3/4 inch wide pockets.

To close it, you fold the top flap down over the hooks (this keeps them from sliding out). Fold each side in towards the middle and then fold in half. I hand sewed a ribbon on the spine of the "book" and then you close it by wrapping it around and tying. Very slick

Now all I need is to find a prefinished square like this so I can make a case big enough for my knitting needles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home