My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Saturday, July 08, 2006

It takes effort to be a good mom

It takes actual effort to be a good mom I think. Most of the time I'm too lazy to be the kind of mom that I think I should be. I don't take my kids outside nearly enough, and I would prefer to sit in my chair and knit than actively play games with them. After I recorded this realization the other day, I decided that I should do something about it. I grabbed my wonderful timer and went outside. Amazingly it wasn't nearly as hot as I thought it would be. It was overcast but warm. I was overjoyed to see that after we had all been outside for a little while, another little boy came outside to play with Alex. Mommy is nice, but nothing will ever take the place of a kid near his own age in my little boy's heart.

So, Alex and Shaya played with the other kids on the big lawn while I sat on a blanket and knitted. Brendan tried to help me and showed his approval for the yarn choice for his baby blanket. But eventually when the fiber could no longer hold his interest, he took the opportunity to take a nap.
Now back to our regularly scheduled program... The Mystery Stole :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home