My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Saturday, June 24, 2006

This should be in that "One Skein" book!

Pattern: Crisscross Cable Glass Cozy from Creative Knitting
Yarn: Recycled 100% cotton (Not sure how much. The pattern calls for 150 yrds)
Needles: Size 2 Audi Turbo 36" (Done in Magic Loop)

To tell you the truth, this isn't my favorite magazine. There's usually 1, maybe 2 projects in each issue that I MIGHT, Someday maybe knit. I've actually been pondering making these glass cozies for a while, though. I really like the criss cross cable pattern. The first time I saw it, though, I though "Psh! Cozies! Who the heck wants to make a cozy for their glass?!" Me! I do! Well... I do now.

My little condo has air conditioning, and it has a washer/dryer closet, but it DOES NOT have a way for said drier to vent to the outside. Usually when I do laundry the house gets all warm and humid for a while because of all the laundry air we are breathing. This makes even the most remotely cool drink sweat and leave puddles. Yes, I have coasters, but it's amazing once an idea gets into your head, I began to notice that my glass was always sweating! At home... On Grandma's back porch... At the park. I began to think "Hmm, maybe I should knit a glass cozy. It's kind of like a portable coaster, and keeps your hands dry and the glass from slipping"

This is really a very nice little cozy. It stretches to fit any of the glasses in my house. It slides a bit on the glass when it's dry (maybe I should take out a repeat in there) but sticks like glue when the glass begins to sweat a bit. DH thinks I'm crazy, but then again he thinks socks are crazy too. What does he know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home