My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Thursday, June 22, 2006

FO report - Knitpicks knee socks

Pattern: Toe up magic loop with heel help from The Knitting Friend
Yarn: Knitpicks Simple Stripes in Vineyard
Needles: Size 1 Audi Turbo 36" circular

I started these socks while I was on vacation in Utah and probably could have finished them while I was there, except for one small mistake on my part. I decided that since knitpicks said I needed 2 balls for a pair of socks, I'd just knit them from the toe up and keep knitting until I ran out of yarn. I kept going and going and going... eventually I tried it on and realized I had knee socks! I REALLY love the colorway (which I noticed Knitpicks doesn't have up currently) and really like the knee socks. I didn't do any shaping, but started doing ribbing about 5 stripes from the top. This hits about mid calf on me and seems to keep them up very nicely. These will be perfect riding socks. I always have problems with my socks sliding down and then my boots rubbing my legs raw. I just hope they don't end up being too warm for summer wear.

Brendan has learned how to roll over. I've seen him do it twice this morning. He'll roll from his back to his stomach and then get stuck and cry. This doesn't stop him from trying to do it again, though...lol If you've got a new skill, use it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home