My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Sometimes I have these delusions...


Sometimes I have these delusions that I can actually become a designer and get paid for my designs. I joined the Crafter's Choice book club for the sole purpose of buying these books. They're not Barbara Walker, but I adore them! They are just bursting with ideas. I like the second 2 better than the first, only because I'm drawn to cables and texture. I thought the 3rd book would have lots of Fair Isle and Insartia charts, which it does, but then I saw this:
All I can say is WOW! That's so cool! It totally breathes new life into the cable book. It brings on a whole new set of possibilities.

I also love this:My picture is kind of crappy, but it's slipped stitches and bobbles in a darker color to create a lattice with roses. I have great visions of this on a beautiful cardigan for a little girl.

I actually have 2 original design patterns in the works at the moment. We'll see if anyone out there is as interested in them as I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I thought I could be content that the library finally had the first two books, but those multi-colored cables - wow! Gotta find the third book and learn to do those...

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home