My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Playing Catch Up

Please excuse me for my complete lack of blogging lately. For some reason I have been prioritizing things ahead of blogging... like dreaming about buying a spinning wheel on Ebay... but I digress. Please allow me to very quickly catch you up.

From the needles:
Mini Ball Band dish cloths... 6 of them to be exact.

I think we've discussed how I don't like normal sized dish cloths. I like mine smaller, just right to fit in the palm of my hand, so these are 5 pattern repeats across and 7 pattern repeats tall (that's 5 bricks wide, and 7 brick rows tall). The other advantage of my new and improved size is that you get a whole crap load of them for the same amount of yarn. All of these came from 2 balls of Sugar n' Cream (1 white, 1 colored). I have a bit left and I'm going to try my darndest to make 1 more, but I don't think it's going to quite happen. Think about this... There are 6 cloths here. That's almost a new, clean cloth almost every single day of the week! All for the bargain price of $4. They are cuter and more fun than normal scrubbies, plus they're washable. I feel better knowing that they aren't collecting germs like those sponges you leave under your sink.



Heartbrakingly Cute Baby kimono... and baby hat for my nephew due in December.

This is made from my very own handspun!!! Isn't it cute?! It's a little lumpy, but I think the garter stitch hides most of that. I think I'll thread a ribbon through the eyelets and I haven't decided if I'm using buttons or ribbons for a closure, but there it is.

Is it just me, or does the hat look a little on the small side and the sweater a little on the big side?


From the Wheel:
More of that Superwash Merino

I LOVE this stuff. I love it so much, in fact, that I bought a whole pound more of it! This is my 4th skein. It took a little over 2 skeins for the sweater, not even half a skein for the hat, and I think this bad boy is destined to be some socks to match the sweater and hat. This is the most beautiful and soft yarn. I just wish I was better so that it didn't end up so thick and thin, but I'm getting better. My mom says that it adds charm :D



What's not on my walls:
I have 2 very bare book cases in my living room. That is the extent of my packing so far and now that the move is approaching so quickly (have I told you that we are planning to close on our loan tomorrow?!) I'm starting to feel a bit panicky. I guess the next few days are going to be pretty busy.

Note to DH. I don't really think we're going to be moving stuff between houses on Saturday... That's only 2 days away!

Running around the house like hooligans:


























Gotta go make some money now... I've got a new gigantic mortgage to support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home