My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Well, it's been a while hasn't it?

I admit, I've been neglectful. I will not apologise. We found out this summer that we are expecting our 4th child, and what with being pregnant, trying not to be burried in mount washmore (laundry) The Twice Sheared Sheep, and maybe hoping to actually knit, the blog has taken a back seat. Well, there's that and the fact that my sidebar is hopelessly out of date and I just don't want to take the time to fix it. I got onto Ravelry a few weeks ago and spent A LOT of time uploading pics and project info. I must say that having the blog for specific details has been nice.

So, for today's post, which is in no way ment to catch everyone up, I have a cautionary picture:
Many of you know that I have a lot of yarn hanging around the house. Most of it is in hanks, and most of it won't stay here. It is destined for new homes through ebay. I wash every single hank after winding it, and then spin out the water in my washing machine before hanging it up to dry. Well, this is what happens when you accidentally set the washing machine to WASH the yarn instead of to spin. That lovely rug like object used to be 3 skeins of gray merino laceweight and 1 skein of my own 3ply handspun Merino Silk. *sigh* as far as I can tell it is un-salvageable. I'm thinking of sticking some eyes in there and calling it a pet.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Yay! A new post!! I'm glad you're back in blogland. I love the mistake creature -- I'd keep it as a low-upkeep pet.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home