My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Saturday, February 10, 2007

I can't tell you how much I love this!

This is exactly 2 balls worth of back for the Nantucket Jacket in all it's springy, bouncy, lovely Merino goodness! All other projects were promptly kicked to the curb with the arrival of this yarn.

This may be the my favorite yarn that I have ever knit with. It feels and acts a bit like a really good sock yarn, but isn't as firm. It is squishy. The stitch definition is amazing. I have noticed, though, that for wool it is pretty heavy. I think that the finished sweater will have a very pleasing weight to it, and I know that i won't be able to keep myself from wearing it every day.

The pattern looks complicated, and is for the first row, but after that, you just pretty much get to count to 6 and then follow what the stitches tell you to do. Since I'm a combined knitter, my knit stitches and purl stitches sit differently on the needles, so it's a piece of cake to knit along and see when to knit or purl. I plan to finish at least another ball of yarn today. I just can't seem to put this down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home