I was quite proud of myself this morning when I finished this pair of mittens. It has been a bit of a trial for me. I think my son is going to love them, but I seem to be incapable of following my own charts and have had to rip out large sections of each mitten multiple times because I made a major mistake (like forgetting to start the thumb gusset). Plus my fair isle is lumpy since I apparently still haven't learned to keep the floats loose enough.
So, this morning, I knit the thumb, put down the second mitten and smiled to myself because now the mittens were done and I could move onto the hat. Wrong. Once I had grabbed my darning needle and found the other mitten, I took a good look at them. This just isn't going to work. They are both for the right hand. My son most definitely does not have 2 right hands, so I have 2 choices. I can rip one of the mittens and knit a left handed on this time, or I can just knit an entirely new mitten... and possibly make a 4th mitten so I now have 2 pairs instead of a screwed up pair. I think I need to stew on this for a while.
Labels: mittens, oops