My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Anyone know a kid with 2 right hands?


I was quite proud of myself this morning when I finished this pair of mittens. It has been a bit of a trial for me. I think my son is going to love them, but I seem to be incapable of following my own charts and have had to rip out large sections of each mitten multiple times because I made a major mistake (like forgetting to start the thumb gusset). Plus my fair isle is lumpy since I apparently still haven't learned to keep the floats loose enough.
So, this morning, I knit the thumb, put down the second mitten and smiled to myself because now the mittens were done and I could move onto the hat. Wrong. Once I had grabbed my darning needle and found the other mitten, I took a good look at them. This just isn't going to work. They are both for the right hand. My son most definitely does not have 2 right hands, so I have 2 choices. I can rip one of the mittens and knit a left handed on this time, or I can just knit an entirely new mitten... and possibly make a 4th mitten so I now have 2 pairs instead of a screwed up pair. I think I need to stew on this for a while.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home