My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Some Hats and almost finished objects

This is the time of year when I do a lot of small, easy to finish projects. Add to that the fact that I'm pregnant and obviously nesting, I have had a serious urge to knit the garter stitch, or the smiple and quickly done. We won't even go into my urge to organize every closet in the house.

This is my first Ear Cozies hat from the Fiber Trends pattern. While organizing the stash the other day (see, there it is, me with the organizing closets) I found a lone ball of Berroco Keltic that I had bought to try it out. I love it. It is soft, easy to knit with, warm and just enough for a child's hat. I love how the hat graduates from green at the bottom to brown at the top. It makes me think of those little acorn hats that people wear in fairy tales.

This is a flower petal Hat to be part of a hat and mitten set for my niece Sam for Christmas. I knit it from my own pattern instructions, which apparently still need some work before they are ready for publication. The pattern actually got tested this time, since it's been so long since I wrote it I couldn't really remember what I was doing. It's knit in Caron Simply Soft acrylic against all urge to knit in wool because I know my sister would not appreciate hand washing the hats and mittens. I still think it's better in wool.

Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket needing buttons and destined for one of the twins.


Mason Dixon baby bib o love needing a button and a cute patch also destined for one of the twins. This was knit in a fit of desperation for "garter stitch therapy" after a particularly long, hard, day. You know you're pregnant when the school bus people calling and telling you the bus is outside and your child is waiting makes you want to cry. DH doesn't understand the power of garter stitch therapy... The muggles never do.

Mason Dixon 1 color log cabin blanket destined for one of the twins and it seems destined to not be all 1 color. I LOVE knitting this. It is addictive and relaxing. I recycled this 50/50 wool, acrylic yarn with a baby blanket in mind, but it's not enough for a garter stitch blanket. The garter stitch eats the wool. It is currently on hold until I can find a nice bulky yarn to do a nice boarder. Apparently it is still too small.

Now I need to decide if I want to fold a mountain of laundry, or unravel sweaters. Work never stops. I guess the fuzzy mittens I have planned will have to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home