My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Monday, April 10, 2006

Happy Monday

Here's that big baby boy of mine. He's a whole month old now. Can you believe it?! Isn't he sooo cute in this little blue shirt. He doesn't look so tiny anymore. Before Brendan was born, we pulled out the baby clothes that we had saved and not loaned out to friends or relatives from when Alex had been a baby. These were mostly favorite outfits that I didn't want to get lost. This is one of them. Just pulling out the tiny little denim shirt brought back memories and my heart got all gushy as I remembered Alex wearing this. In fact, here is Alex at 4 months wearing the same thing. Hmm, 4 weeks, 4 months. Wonder if Brendan will get the same mileage out of it. Isn't it funny how something as simple as a baby outfit can bring back the nostalgia? No wonder so many of us have problems letting go of items. My dear friend Katrina talked about finding some Barbie dolls that she had had as a girl and how many memories that brought back to her. It just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Today is a pretty slow day. Which is why I'm posting on my blog. I've got dinner in the crock pot simmering away and it's smelling good :D It is a new recipe that I got off of Foodnetwork.com Here it is: Taco Soup by Paula Deen It has big chunks of tomatoes in it, which look wonderfully like my Grandma's home made chili. I'm excited, but somehow I think DH will be picking around the tomatoes.

Yesterday was my birthday. I have now reached the ripe old age of 26. How on earth did I manage to be 26 and already have 3 kids?! Oh, I know. It's because I got married at 19, and that DH and I always wanted kids. Lots of them. I figure have them young when your body and your sanity can handle it. Then I can enjoy my grand kids, and maybe get to travel. Sometimes I envy the people who wait a little bit and have all that time alone with their DH, but then again, I think kids would be more of a rude shock at that point. DH and I had only been married not quite 2 yrs when Alex came along. When I came home from the hospital with Brendan a few weeks ago, DH presented me with a wonderful stand mixer. He said it was part birthday, and part congratulations on the new baby...lol It's wonderful and I've used it MUCH more than I thought I would. I made meat loaf in it, whip up pancakes, mashed potatoes, etc. It's been used about every other day I think. Because that's such a big birthday present for our budget, I was shocked when he presented me with a bag of yarn for my birthday too. What a sweet guy! I think he's taken the hint that I'm a bit obsessed with this whole knitting thing. He just said "Hey, if it makes you happy..." The bag of yarn contained 5 skeins of beautiful deep blue Lion Brand Homespun, and 4 skeins of Caron Simply soft in a very Easter like verigated print. Oh, and Orange chocolate. I love orange chocolate... or raspberry chocolate... or mint chocolate... actually fruit and chocolate are always yummy together :D

So, despite the looming reality of having to pay a higher mortgage for our new house, and my recent yarn purchases, I decided to treat myself today. I bought the most comfy pair of tennis shoes I think I've ever owned. They were a bit expensive, but they were on clearance, so that helped a little (They started out at $70!). I needed new shoes, and considering how easy I am on shoes, I expect these to last me for a good 5-6 years. I think that's an acceptable price, and they feel sooo wonderful on my feet. I'll leave you with a pic.

2 Comments:

Blogger Keko said...

Why didn't DH warn me that your birthday was coming up!?!?!?! Now I feel like the sterile result of a donkey and mule getting it on...

Is there anything that you want or should we just suprise you?

11:25 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Lol, present's aren't expected or necessary, at least not from friends. DH is required to make a fuss.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home