My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Friday, July 14, 2006

Mystery Stole Progress


Well, there it is! Clue # 1 is now complete! Isn't it pretty?! Ya, ya, I know there are a few minor mistakes in it, but I'm not all that worried about it. My clovers look beautiful, the fabric is so soft and beautiful, and I think it's just stunning. While knitting this, however, I can't help but think that this reminds me of Filet crochet type of lace, only in reverse. We are pretty much using the yarn overs to outline a design on a background of stockingette, rather than to actually create a lacy stitch. I've never worked lace like this. I like it! I think I might even be able to chart something in this type of lace! I keep having visions that some day I will design something beautiful and that everyone will want it. Most of my ideas are small and on the line of head scarves and mug cozies at the moment though....lol I'm not ready for a sweater.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so jealous! I've still got a few rows to go before I finish the first half of clue #1. How did you do that with little kids?!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That looks great.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home