My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Friday, July 14, 2006

Stitch 'N Pitch

I don't know whether you've heard or not, but Major League Baseball is hosting something called "Stitch and Pitch" all across the country. This is a special day where they encourage all of us strange ladies with our needles, and hooks and embroidery, etc to all come out in the daylight and in public and share our craft and the love of baseball. I do not plan to attend, but I thought it was pretty cool. I have to admit that I have only been to 1 baseball game in my life that did not involve little boys out in the outfield stomping on ants. When I was younger, much younger, my Grandpa took me to a Zephyr's game. What? Never heard of them? Well, that's because they were a AAA team and this was back before Colorado had a professional team. Yes, there was a time before we had the Rockies. I have lived in Denver my entire life and have never been to a Rockies game. There, I said it. I will also say that, in genera, I find base ball games kind of boring. There's a lot of just standing around out there. I think if I were going to actually pick a sport to watch it would probably be soccer.

We are not big sports watchers here at my house. I have been blessed with a DH who is not a sports fan. He actually forbid me to watch the Super Bowl in the living room one year...lol He much prefers to play a game than to watch it. The general laziness that also pervades our household extends to playing sports too, however. He has not felt the need to play said games enough to actually actively go out and seek people to play with. He did play baseball for quite a while when he was younger, though. In fact, his dad actually built a back stop in his back yard. This was in response to requests from his mom so that the house windows wouldn't be broken. DH's sister also had a full sized beach volley ball pit in the back yard too, but I digress.

Since DH has actual baseball experience, I thought he would be much more qualified to help the kids bat at their cool little tikes batting machine yesterday than I was. Well, I really would just prefer to sit on the blanket, rip apart a sweater, and take care of the baby. It was mostly just an excuse to not to have to keep getting up and to get DH to play with the kids.

Alex got this nice batting machine at Christmas time I think from my Grandma. This was under the assumption that we DEFINITELY would have had a house and a yard by now. So, since we DEFINITELY do NOT have a new house and a yard yet (can you feel my frustration?) the baseball machine has been sitting in it's box completely unopened on the top bunk of Alex's bed. The kids found it and pulled down and begged and pleaded could we PLEASE play baseball? I found the last four size D batteries in the house and screwed in all the little screws and we went out to have our own little "Stitch 'N Pitch" out on the lawn of our complex. I think we all had far more fun for a heck of a lot less money than if we had gone to the real thing.

PS: on the knitting front, I am on the last 10 rows of the second half of my mystery stole. Expect a picture some time today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home