My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Saturday, November 11, 2006

See..... I really am designing

I have had this hat sitting on my desk for about a month now, and still hadn't really gotten any pictures of it, much less written down the pattern. Well, today I did both. I think I need some more professional type pictures for the final PDF pattern, but here's what I've got so far:

Flower Petal Hat






The hat is knit from the top down with 6 sections that swirl around, much like a pinwheel (only in reverse).





Half way down the hat, the stockingette is gradually replaced with reverse stockingette, forming the tips of the flower petals.










The flower petals hug the head all the way down to the brim. A normal ribbing is omitted, instead tiny picots are added at the point of each petal to finish it off.












Pattern to come after I have had some experienced knitters proofread and test knit it!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home