My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Head Banging

Have you ever felt the need to bang your head repeatedly against the wall? Little kids do this sometimes to calm them selves down when they're upset, or overwhelmed. I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish. Does pain help relieve frustration?

I feel like banging my head on the wall.

I never used to have these urges. Then I met a guy on FFXI. He used to say things like "Bangs head repeatedly on the keyboard" Ever since, I've had the urge to bang my head on something when I'm particularly frustrated.

I want to bang my head on something.

My sweet, innocent 4 month old baby woke up WIDE AWAKE every hour last night from 10pm to 6am. Ok, well, he missed 3am, but that was after I had spent a half an hour holding the binky in his mouth. If you can do math, that means I was up a glorious grand total of 7 times in 8 hours. Yea..... I don't know what his deal is. I think he's teething, or something. He obviously isn't starving... Although, a couple of days ago he kept draining me dry and I was wondering if my milk was giving out. He seems to be getting plenty now, just WON'T STAY ASLEEP! I can't really do anything to him either. You can't yell at, spank, or otherwise punish a 4 month old for waking up. He doesn't know any better. He is now laying on the floor on his stomach all unassuming and looking so cute. It's just not fair. *sigh* *Bangs head on keyboard*

On other news, both of the older kids spent a good half hour running around in their underwear and admiring them this morning. I bought Shaya her first set of underwear yesterday at Target. They are Tinkerbell. Alex of course had to get some too. He got Spiderman. Alex has never owned normal little boy underwear, let alone some with pictures. He has a whole drawer full of the thick training underwear that I bought him when he was potty training. He's small, and may fit the darn things even a year from now, so I see no point in buying him all new underwear just because he's older. Except I thought he could get some underwear too. Just because it's special.

Yes, Shaya is wearing underwear. This is a first. We are attempting potty training. Oh goodie. DH refuses to let me have her run around naked. He REALLY doesn't want her to pee on the carpet, so she has underwear. I'm terrible about remembering to ask her if she needs to go, so I set my nice little timer. I set my timer for everything...lol I'm a little obsessed I think. I don't want to clean up an accident, so we're going to try the every 30 minute thing. Why did I decide to start this on a day when I'm half awake?! I must be a glutton for punishment. *sigh* excuse me, I'm going to go bang my head in the shower now. Maybe that'll help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home