My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Done!

It's been a little bit crazy around here lately, so I haven't had a chance to post. The blog is desperately in need of updating, and first on the list is the pinwheel sweater! It is Done!
Pattern: Pinwheel Sweater from Elann
Yarn: Caron's Simply Soft from the stash
Needles: Size 8 Bamboo dpn and 29" circular
Date Completed: 9-2-06
Modifications: I made a version exactly in between the adult and baby sizes so that it would fit a very special 5 yr old.

Here's the front. I chose black fabric covered shank buttons from my sewing machine and positioned it so that the sweater is almost double breasted. After trying it on Alex, I knew it would just fall off if I only used 1 button, so it has 1 button on the outside, and one on the inside.
Here's the back

And here's the birthday girl herself, Kathryn!


I really like this sweater, but the I-cord edging was a pain. I also like the yarn I chose. It is very soft, and I love the stitch definition. My only problem is that it is much heavier than it would have been if I had used wool. I hope it doesn't stretch it's self out.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Sexy Knitter said...

I'm about 90% of the way through this pattern myself. How do the provisional cast-on stitches for the sleeves get attached to the body of the sweater? There don't seem to be instructions for that.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home