My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Monday, January 08, 2007

Entrelac and other Tom Foolery

I've been on a bit of a knitting break of late. Nothing has seriously inspired me since the Roberta gloves, but I have to say that anything plain after fair isle is just seriously boring. The lack of knitting inspiration came at a bad time, combining with general restlessness and a bit of depression. My kitty is still not eating, although, she has now decided that she can come out and visit the rest of the house instead of hiding under the bed all the time.

Last night, however, I found a bit of inspiration. I pulled out my old afghan books and started flipping through. I found an Entrelac blanket in 2 different books and though "Hmm, well I've never tried that. I should learn" Out came my Size 8 Bamboo circular and the Paton's SWS in Natural Navy. What I got was this:
Entrelac is seriously addictive! It was like pulling teeth to get me to put the darn thing and make dinner last night! I like the SWS in this pattern, but I think I needed another triangle at the top because the colors tend to pool on one side. I think this would be a beautiful blanket, but DH and I looked last night and at $6.50 a skein, a full sized blanket would cost like $130! I bet I could buy skeins 1 or 2 at a time and dye lots wouldn't matter all that much.

On a completely unrelated note, and in celebration of the camera being fixed; some Tom Foolery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home