My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sorry, no pictures

Well, there has been progress around here, and there have been pictures. Videos even! But alas, my camera is misbehaving so none of the above will be displayed today on my blog. DH thinks that there is something wrong with the memory card and promised to take it to work with him to stick it in one of the computers there to fix it. I think that the really cute video of Brendan eating bananas double fisted clogged it up and now I am pretty much cameraless. I can take pictures, but I'm afraid to because I don't know if I will ever see them again when said memory card is fixed.

Oh wait, the camera has an internal card... I wonder if it's working well enough for me to take pictures on that?

Anyway, so life is generally fabulous around here, with a few small exceptions. I'll get to those later. We had a massive slumber party at my house the past few days that included our closest friends, their 3 children, and their dog and cat. We all rung in the new year as best as 2 couples with 3 children each are capable of. This means that we put our kids to bed at 9pm instead of 8pm, our friends let their kids essentially crash where they may, and the adults stayed up far too late and drank sparkling cranberry grape juice. There were dice involved.... lots of dice. We are gamers, and our friends probably hang out with us so much because they are gamers too. Generally gamers are not so tolerant of all the little interruptions that are involved in taking care of children while trying to play with one's adult friends. Since we both have kids the same ages (it's freakish that our 2 oldest children were born within weeks of theirs) we all understand and have no issues when it is necessary to feed the baby, etc.

We tried out a new game system called Exalted. It is interesting, but so conducive to "geeking out". It is based on the premise that there are gods out there that bless certain people with superhuman powers. A normal human martial artist can do cool things like Jackie Chan, a cinematic martial artist can do things like you see in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. An exalted is just insane. He can do just about anything he wants. "Hmm, this guy is really starting to bug me... " "Ok, I pick him up and throw him into the wall" In reality, he would hit the wall and fall down. In movies, his head goes through the wall. An exalted does this, the guy goes through the wall, and MAYBE stops when he hits the brick wall across the street. So much fun to think of cool things to do.

I think the system was created by someone who just liked dice, though. Who else would create a system that requires you to roll 10 dice at once for a single action?!

So, we had all these people in our house, and it was fabulous. I enjoyed it so much. They brought their dog and cat with them, because otherwise they would have had to leave early in the morning in order to get home and let the dog out to go to the bathroom (they don't have a yard). I wanted them to stay most of New years day, so I said it was fine. In reality, their animals were wonderful house guests, however, we have a cat of our own. She ended up locked in our master suite with her cat box and food dish the entire time. This isn't really a problem, though, because she lives in there most of the time anyway. The problem was, though, that she spent the entire time under our bed. I don't think she ate or drank the entire time. I am wondering if she has been eating at all for the last week. She is SO skinny. I'm really worried about her. We're going to take her to the vet this afternoon, but If the bill is too much, we simply can't afford it. It makes me sad just thinking about it. Socks is my first child so to speak. Grant and I picked her out while we were on our honeymoon from the animal shelter. She is small for a cat, affectionate, sooo soft, and really wonderful. I feel horrible that I hadn't noticed that she wasn't eating. When I noticed that her food was still full after a few days, I figured that DH had filled it back up. Now looking back, she probably wasn't eating and I didn't notice! I'm such a horrible pet owner and I feel wretched.

Everyone send good thoughts my way that she is ok and that the vet will be able to help her. It appears that my blogging time is up. Brendan is crying at my knee and I'm incapable of typing and holding him at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home