My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Friday, August 04, 2006

I'm exhausted

I'm exhausted, and I'm not quite sure why. I've been going to bed by like 9 or 9:30 every night, and Brendan has generously been letting me sleep most of the night. I just feel tired. My arms are tired, my brain is tired, and even my hands are too tired to pick up my needles and work on my secret project that I hope to submit to Knitty. It is truly sad to be too tired to knit. I still need to wash the dishes, and Brendan appears to be wide awake on the floor as he's examining a doll brush and a plastic sand shovel. I don't think he's going to accommodate his poor tired mama and go to sleep so that I can.

DH has just promised me some chapter love, though, so I suppose I can survive until the baby goes to sleep. DH and I read fantasy novels out loud to each other. When one of us reads the other a chapter, this is chapter love. There is just something about hearing the words out loud that brings a story to life. It is so intimate to snuggle up to your sweat heart and listing to his voice as he brings the voices on the page to life and to see his reactions to a particularly funny passage. I had read on the Librivox website that one of the comments that people made about their recordings is that they were not theatrical, they really felt like books. You could feel the love and appreciation of the reader for the text and for the book it's self. This is what it's like to read with DH. Even Alex, who is only 4 and doesn't really listen to the book, and who, in fact, trys to interrupt Mom and Dad reading knows that our book is the "Sparhawk book". It is amazing what seeps in when you're not looking.

Brendan has abandoned his binky, and apparently the plastic shovel is no longer interesting. Time to drag my poor tired body into the kitchen, do some dishes, and get some chapter love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home