My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'm no Purl

I give up. How can you wonderful ladies out there in knitblog world be so darn funny? How can you come up with entertaining and new ideas of things to talk about each day? I will not be writing the next big knitting book like Wendy Knits or Mason Dixon knitting. I will not organize the Knitting Olympics to have more participants than the actual Olympics like the Harlot. I have given up on ever becoming like Purl and having 100+ comments a day, and an adoring stalker fan base. This is probably good, seeing as you all know my name and well, my kids names, and I suppose if you really cared enough could find out where I live. That would be bad if I had a virtual knit stalker. You all have pointy sticks and who knows what kinds of evil you could inflict. I trust you, though, because you know, knit bloggers seem to be the most warm, generous, giving people on the planet.... for the most part. After all, You all jump on the band wagon for all kinds of things. If it's a knit along, or a gift exchange, you all are there! It doesn't seem to matter if it is a knit along for charity, or for yourself, we are joiners. We are connected in our strange pointy stick, fiber sniffing ways.

We are a strange breed of people, we online knitters. Sometimes I really begin to think there are more of us than there are gamers, and we are definitely stranger. DH thinks I'm nuts, and my family just doesn't understand when I talk about my latest pattern, or about how I joined a knit along that is in Dutch and English. They don't get how I can actually MAKE money selling yarn on Ebay. Who in their right mind buys yarn?! Why on earth would ANYone buy yarn from me for $70 when they could buy good old Red Heart from Hobby Lobby for $2?! What's up with the sniffing?!

I am slowly corrupting my immediate family. On the way to work today, DH said to me "Now don't mess up on that baby blanket again. You wouldn't want to have to frog it" He said "FROG IT!" He is learning the lingo... You will be assimilated. The knit blogging world is out there. It is full of fluffy wool and warm socks. It will suck you into it's giving, charity knitting, fiber sniffing ways. Just wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhea said...

I just found your blog. I can't believe how many knitting blogs there are. I've never knitted so I can't contribute anything, but I can lurk and learn.
The Boomer Chronicles

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home