My Virtual Sanity

Have you ever felt the need to share your thoughts with virtual strangers just so you can pretend that you have adult conversations during the day? Well, that's what I'm about to do. Be prepaired for my life as a stay at home, obsessive knitter, and my attempts to stay connected with the rest of the world.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Salvation Army is good to me

I don't remember if I've mentioned it before, but here on Wednesdays, the Salvation Army has almost all of their clothes on sale for $.98! Please check it out in your area. They might do it there too!

Anyway, I go to the Salvation Army every Wednesday scouring the racks for sweaters for my business. I can usually find 1 cashmere sweater a week. There's usually lots of wool too, some really scratchy, yucky stuff, some very nice sleek Merino. This week I hit paydirt.

I found a cashmere sweater to sell, as well as 2 FABOULOUS Merino sweaters. Most that I find are very fine strands that are soft, but unless you are planning lace, need to be like quadrupled up in order to get a decent weight. A lot of times, I'll go ahead and wind it right off the bat as 2 strands together. These sweaters, though, look like they are already fingering or sport weight. They are bouncy, with fat, plump stitches and are SOOOO soft. One is a soft tan color, which will go to the business, but this one is for me!

Here's a closeup of the fabric
Those are such fabulous fall colors it makes my fingers itch to take it apart and make it yarn. It's only Thursday, though, and yarn for me needs to wait until the weekend. *sigh*

I also got this:

I don't normally buy striped sweaters. I looked at the seam and, yes, each of those stripes is a new piece of yarn. It isn't self striping yarn. It is 100% wool, however. I can make it all 1 big long piece of yarn, though if I do some felted joins in there. I REALLY love how these colors look together. I'm not normally an orange person, but I adore this. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with it yet, though. I'm thinking something felted. A purse? A kitty bed? Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home