Fall and the birth of mommy time
So, here I am well rested and happy because:
- I got to spin some of my absolutely fabulous superwash merino yesterday. (Seriously guys, this is the most wonderful roving I've ever spun. It is SOOO creamy and soft, and it spins so beautifully!)
- Ugly sock #1 is almost to the heel, which means that not only did I meet my 2 sweater quota for work yesterday, but I got to knit too!
- The baby slept for 10 hrs! Come on, that's just an amazing thing. (Well he did start to moan and groan a bit at 2am but I ignored him and he went back to sleep without any mommy intervention).
- DH and I got some alone adult time last night which is very rare.
- I am sitting here blogging at 7am with no kids running and screaming!
Since I don't have to get up and drive in the dark this winter, I can enjoy the fact that the sun gets up later. It means that I can eat my breakfast and read my email in peace (we'll ignore the carpet monster trying to eat my toes at the moment). Long live fall and the lazy morning!
Now I've sat around long enough. There are 3 baskets full of clean laundry calling me. I've been pretty good about washing the laundry ala Flylady lately, but I have to tell you, it's the folding that has always been my downfall. *sigh* Hey! I can fold laundry without kids wadding it up into balls and calling it folding too!
I love you fall!
Later postings hopefully to include eye candy yarn recycled for me, The self striping miter square project, and the merino fresh from the wheel.